TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE TO THE ACP SECRETARIAT FOR THE INTRA-ACP GCCA+ PROGRAMME AND CLIMATE SUPPORT FACILITY MANAGEMENT
The Intra-ACP GCCA+ Programme’s overall objective is to increase the resilience of ACP regions and countries to climate change and achieve the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals, in particular Goal 13 “Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts”, in order to alleviate poverty and promote sustainable development..
The Intra-ACP GCCA+ Programme’s specific objective is better regional and national adaptation and mitigation responses to climate change challenges faced by ACP countries at operational, institutional and financial levels. The programme has 6 expected results:
- Regional organisations in all ACP regions have dedicated operational and institutional capacity serving the needs of ACP countries in relevant GCCA+ concentration areas, in relation to climate negotiations and for implementation of the Paris Agreement.
- Regional and national climate change strategies and priorities serving the implementation of the Paris Agreement (including NDC implementation) by ACP countries have been strengthened and supported.
- Pilot adaptation projects, including ecosystem-based solutions implemented and tested in ACP regions and countries, serving as references for further replication in ACP regions and countries, have been scaled up.
- The ACP regional organisations and ACP countries intensify strategic dialogue with strengthened negotiation capacity, and share information and capacity, results and knowledge about climate action in southern countries and regions.
- The provision of services by technical institutions, universities and regional centres providing services in capacity building, research and innovation at regional / national level in sectors related to adaptation and mitigation of climate change is strengthened, with staff trained and capacity built.
- Innovations and climate actions associating private and public sectors making southern economies climate-resilient are developed and prepared with a view to direct access to climate finance and climate investment funds.